While the rest of the world has been rushing forward, The Elephant Camp momentarily stood still for a refurbishment that has enhanced its sustainability status and reinvigorated the space where people escape to discover the mystique of Victoria Falls.
Combining elegant design with unrivalled quality and performance, the new luxury Victoria + Albert baths are stunning additions to the bathrooms. New vanity sets, toilets, taps and mirrors tie the room together and perfectly compliment the beautiful freestanding slipper bathtubs. The Elephant Camp’s outdoor showers break down the barrier between humans and nature, and the indoor and outdoor showers have been updated with stone flooring, creating a bolder connection between indoors and out.
Infused with old world elegance yet adorned in signature décor and splashes of colour, The Elephant Camp suites have always been the pinnacle of luxury and refinement. The new carpets and scatter cushions have been carefully selected to compliment the intricate details within each room.
• All suites have new deck furniture, new sun beds and cushions, ensuring comfort while enjoying the fantastic view.
• All suite decks have been replaced with eco-friendly composite decking.
• The suites have been floored with vinyl flooring, and the wardrobe height has been extended by 400mm.
• The suite bar units have been cut back and had their tops replaced.
• The solar geysers and the Matepi screens around the suites have been updated, and the gum pole railing around the camp has been restored.
• The suites have been rewired, plug and light sockets replaced.
• Every draped ceiling in the camp has been restored, as have the 300 curtains and 110 lamp shades.
• The inside and outside of the walls throughout camp have been repainted.
• The main deck has new lights and fans.
• The foundation edges around the rooms and main building have been chipped and resurfaced to give better runoff.
• The plunge pools and main pools have been sanded, painted and fitted with new lights.