Southern Africa Travel update
Water levels still hamper activities at &Beyond Botswana properties.
The heavy rains have not yet reached the lodges in the Delta so:
• &Beyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp can offer mokoro and boating activities.
• At &Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge and &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp the waters have finally started coming, but still not high enough for mokoro activities or boating. They will communicate once they are able to resume water activities.
Increase in &Beyond Benguerra Island helicopter transfer rate
Archipelago Charters is increasing their rates due to the ZAR strengthening. The helicopter leases, fuel, pilots and insurance are all ZAR based and therefore they needed to increase the rates. The increased rates will be applicable to all new bookings travelling from 01 June 2018.
East Africa Travel update
General East Africa
Credit cards accepted at &Beyond Lodges East Africa
&Beyond Tanzania lodges will only accept Mastercard and Visa going forward, and no longer American Express. The &Beyond Kenya lodges still accept American Express together with Visa and MasterCard.
Lake Manyara south airstrip to open 01 June 2018
Lake Manyara south airstrip will be opening 01 June which will reduce the transfer time to the lodge to a 20 minute drive. Guest can also take advantage of combining the transfer with an Africa foundation/community visit that will be at no extra charge.
• Arrival day and departure will now work as most other lodges when they make use of Lake Manyara South Airstrip.
• On arrival day guest will be collected from airstrip and if they don’t wish to combine the transfer back to lodge with an Africa foundation/community trip they will be transferred directly to the lodge for check in, thereafter lunch will be served and guest can head out on an afternoon game drive.
• Departure day guest will enjoy breakfast and then be transferred to the airstrip.
The new airstrip will be seasonal and will be closed from time to time as the airstrip is close to the lake, and if the lake water levels are too high it will be closed due to the surface being too wet.