The refurbishment will give the entire lodge a lovely lift while retaining the classic safari style and relaxed atmosphere that their guests have enjoyed for nearly 20 years. Work will complete in April.
The following work is underway:
– New walls and floors in the suites
– All wooden decking and door frames are being reconditioned
– New entrances to The Royal Suites
– New thatching throughout the lodge
– Resurfacing of all pools while retaining all the water in large tanks
– A number of new walkways, as well as a pond, now interlink various areas around the main lodge
– Spa upgrades including a new hot tub
They’re extremely excited about the addition of the bush bar at the main lodge. The bush bar is going to be a magnificent area in which guests can relax and mingle over a drink or two while marveling at the surrounding wildlife and recounting tales of the day’s adventures.
The bush bar is being built on the site of the existing boma, right on the water’s edge. It will showcase their fabulous collection of gins and over 50 whiskies. Guests will also be able to dine in this unique space which will blend into the natural environment much like a traditional hide around a watering hole. Grass will run up to the curved wall visible in the picture below and continue over the rooftop. This tranquil addition will pay homage to the history of Royal Malewane.
They have also upgraded their Kosher Kitchen and expanded the space ensuring that they can prepare fresh and delicious meals using the finest kosher ingredients.
The refurbishment is giving a lovely lift to the whole lodge and the team spirit throughout the project has been quite remarkable with everyone at the lodge lending a helping hand. All the works will be completed in April 2018.