Molatedi Gate Access
It seems that the issue is ongoing, and the road is still experiencing issues. Would you please direct all of your self drive guests via Derdepoort Gate OR Abjateskop Gate with the updated directions until further updates.
• Follow the R565 road for approximately 39.4km & turn left at KAYAKULU.
• Continue straight along the D548 road for 24.8km until you reach a T-JUNCTION.
• Please note: This T-Junction is not marked & there are no warning signs that you are approaching it.
• Turn Right at the T-Junction onto a tar / sealed road that continues for about 10.4km & then becomes gravel / dirt
• The DWARSBERG LIQUOR STORE will be on your left, continue straight along the gravel road towards MOLATEDI VILLAGE – TURN RIGHT AT THE T-JUNCTION showing Derdepoort to the right.
• Continue on this route for about 64km, cross over the MARICO RIVER, just after the river there will be a 4 way stop, here turn right and the Derdepoort Gate will be straight ahead, entrance into MADIKWE GAME RESERVE.
• From here the friendly gate staff can give you directions, or just follow the signs to JACI’S LODGES.
Please use Abjaterskop Gate, and follow directions in the reserve from there. Allow 4.5 to 5.5 hours transfer time from Johannesburg (including a game drive through the reserve of approximately 45 to 60 minutes):
• From Johannesburg head north on the N1 towards the N4 Toll road.
• Take the N4 Toll road north west towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico & Zeerust.
• Once in Zeerust turn right at the second stop street into President Street.
• There is a signpost on the left. that says “Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaborone” and a First National Bank on the corner to the right.
• Follow the R49 towards the reserve for approximately 97km.
• The entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop Gate.